Most of my business is based on hourly work. There’s certainly nothing wrong with that, and I’m happy with the rates I charge.
But there are still only so many hours in the day, and that means that my income is limited. Maybe you’ve run into that yourself.
Here’s how to start moving away from that model and into a more profitable, less labor intensive business: Package your services.
Why Packages Work for VAs
It’s pretty simple, really – the more experience you have, the faster you will work. Getting paid by the hour in this case might mean you actually earn less money as you get better at your job. That’s crazy, right?
But when you package your services, you are getting paid not for the time you spend on a project, but for the knowledge and expertise you bring to the job.
Why Packages Work for Your Clients
Quite often, your clients will not know exactly what’s involved in a particular project. What seems simple and quick to them might in fact involve several hours of work. When you offer a package price rather than an hourly charge, it can be easier for them to understand. Not only that, but since the cost is fixed, it’s easier to budget for.
Learn How to Create Packages
My friend Angela Wills of StarVA.com is hosting a live training course this coming Wednesday, August 13th at 9pm Eastern (yes, there will be a recording) to teach you the strategies and techniques she used in her own business to:
- Lock down her minimum monthly income goal with just one client.
- Shave up to five hours off website design services while providing major value to her clients.
- Become an expert in her chosen niche allowing her to charge more and work LESS.
- Provide a highly valuable service to her clients using a talented team to do the work while she earned a portion of all work.
Profiting with Packages is a steal at $47, but I’ve got an even better deal for you, so keep reading for a coupon code and your chance to get in free.
Three Ways to Win
Angela very generously offered two free seats to this webinar for me to give away to my readers. Here’s how you can enter (you don’t need to do all of these, but the more you do, the better your chances):
- Like the Facebook page here.
- Comment on this post and either share a tip for creating packages or ask a question about it. I’ll even get Angela over here to answer your questions.
- Click to Tweet: Work less and earn more? Count me in! http://bit.ly/1lKvpiu via @cindybidar #virtualassistant
The winner will be drawn at random from the eligible entries on Monday at 8pm. I’ll contact the winners privately with the coupon code and update this post as well.
UPDATE: And the Winners Are…
Avery Wilmer & Christine Field
Thanks everyone for joining in! I’ll contact both the winners by email with your coupon codes.
Save $20 Right Now
If you don’t win, or if you just can’t wait to register, you can save $20 when you sign up before Monday at midnight Eastern and use coupon code beastar at checkout.
CLICK HERE to register.
So tell me – have you used packages in your virtual assistant business? Or do you have questions about making them work? Share in the comments for a chance to win a free registration to Profiting with Packages.