I am lazy.
Well, that’s not really true. Mostly what I am is busy, and when I’m busy with client work, my stuff seems to get pushed aside. Like this 30-day blogging challenge.
So I was thinking today, there must be a way to make blogging easier, and what I decided is that sometimes, I just need to get other people to create content for me. Here’s how:
- Guest bloggers. This is when you invite someone (or they approach you) to write a unique article you can post to your blog. It’s good for you, because it’s relevant, interesting content. It’s good for them because it exposes them to a wider audience, and gives them a link back to their site or offer.
- Curate something. Sometimes other people just say it better, so give ’em a little intro, then send your readers to their site to read the whole article. If you want some great tips about how this can be done elegantly while still making you look good, Kelly McCausey has a fantastic course all about curation.
- Reprint an article. You can find freely available content in article directories, but also on some niche websites. Nicole Dean, for example, has an entire collection of material you can reprint on your blog.
- Embed a YouTube video. Write a short intro, drop in the code from YouTube, and you’re done!
- Promote a product. The best affiliate programs offer blog posts and articles you’re free to use when promoting their products, so take advantage.
- Steal an email. Did you just receive a promo email for a product your market needs? Reprint the email (with permission, of course) as a guest post.
Now, obviously, you can’t populate an entire blog with other people’s content. It won’t do your search rankings any good, for one thing, but also, it won’t show off your experience and expertise. But when you’re feeling lazy, are overbooked, or just plain run out of things to say, these six ideas can keep the content flowing.
By the way, if you’d like to guest post on www.EducatedVA.com, hit me up here. I’m always looking for great articles of interest to virtual assistants.